Thursday, July 1, 2010

chapter three; making the team.

"What!" I said jumping out of bed.
"Time for practice" He said hitting me with a pillow.. again.
"How'd you, uhh?" It was too early for games, "How'd you get in here?"
"Your brother gave me a key." Taylor laughed.
"Wait, your?"
"Taylor.."
"Oh my god." I layed back down and pulled the blankets over my head, "You actually just seen me like this?" My hair was in a messy bun, no make-up and in a long sleeved navy blue shirt with grey track shorts. Not exactly my best look.
"What wrong with it?" He laughed as he sat down on my bed.
I sat back up, "Do you see me?"
"Yes"
"Imma mess!" I grunted.
"I think you look cute"
"You and you only" I said laughing as I got out of bed. Taylor was still sitting on my bed, he was quite... out there.. I liked it. I jump in the shower quick. I take in the warm water before I have to leave it. I get out, brush my hair then throw it up in a bun, why do they practice at 7 in the morning? I brush my teeth quick then apply some eye liner and mascara with a light shade of eye shadow. I walk out of the bathroom in my towel, completely forgetting that Taylor was still here.
"Well hello" Taylor smiled, he caught my attention and scared the shit outta me.
"It's you!" I screamed.
"Who'd you expect, I've been here all morning" He laughed. I gripped my towel a little tighter, the last thing I needed was for it to fall down.
"Well.." I was at a loss for words, I grabbed some clothes out of my suite case and turned back to Taylor.
"Are you going to watch me or turn around?"I joked, giving him the evil eye.
"I suppose I could turn around" He winked.
"No peeking"
"So, tell me about yourself?" He started.
"Well, my mother put me into figure skating. She failed while she was in it as a child so she decided to torture me. I guess I've grown to like it. I'm graduating high school this year, going into photography. What about you?"
"Well I've played hockey since I could walk. I'm graduating this year too. Majoring in the NHL" He joked.
"Quite a story," I laughed. I finished getting dressed and Taylor drove us down to the arena, where I met up with Gabby and we went to our seats.
"Don't you just love you brother" She laughed.
"So much" I said putting on a fake smile. We watched the boys do their drills, soon the teams would be determined. After practice we waited outside the locker room. The media was lined up down the hallway waiting for the players to walk out. Some with sad faces.. then there was Jordan and Taylor. Jordan was excited, he grabbed Gabby and spun her around then set her down gripping her face and kissing her then they walked off to greet the media.
"I made it!" Taylor said, pulling me into a hug.
"Congrats!" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. His arms slid down towards my waist. I lifted my head off his chest and looked up. Our eyes locked and he leaned in for a kiss.
"TAYLOR!" Someone yelled running towards him with a camera. We let go as he turned towards the media. I guess it was a nice save since I only met him. But something came over me, making me want that kiss to happen more then anything in the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment